About Me

My photo
Hiya I'm Tonya! I'm an avid psper, have been for a few years and finally have me a blog that I've been working on slowly getting stuff added to. I started writing tuts and recently started making masks and templates. I LOVE to see creations you've made with my things, if you'd like to email me please do so at aquaspinner@gmail.com ................................................. My TOU are as follows: All of my items are personal use only NO Commercial Use, please do not share (distribute) my stuff in groups, just send people here to grab please. ♥ Tutorial writers, if you wish to use my stuff in your tutorials, of course I am honored! You're more than welcome to use my stuff in them, I only require that you link to me and send people here to grab the goodies that you are using in the tut. ................................................. Hope you'll enjoy what I have for ya and thanks for stopping by. ♥

Cluster Frame TOU

Thank you SO much for being so interested in my cluster frames. I love that you enjoy using them.

However I do have a request, please do NOT credit me as the cluster frame on your tags. Although I assembled it, I do not believe I deserve any such credit. If anything, please list Scrapkit by, (assuming you didn't add other bit by a different designer to your tag of course). I'd prefer not be given credit for simply assembling the cluster frame. Thank you ♥

My Artist CTs ♥

CDO_Blinkie-vi

My CTs ♥

LHDCTBlinkiieRD-blinkie_CT_zpsx9belyds

My Guest CTs ♥

patty1_bybrandi1

Followers

Saturday, February 6, 2010



This is the tag we'll be making and what you'll need:

• Romancing the Heart scrapkit by Vaybs, please leave some love if you download!

• I used a tube of Jennifer Janesko's which I purchased at CILM. Please do not use this tube if you do not have appropriate license to do so.  CILM is now closed, and you can now purchase her amazing art tubes at CDO here.

• Mask of choice, I used one of the fabulous masks from Creative Misfits, the one I used was heartmask.

• I used Super Blade Pro, Eye Candy 4 Gradient Glow, Xero Mistifier, Xero Porcelain, and Eye Candy 5 Perspective Shadow are the filters I used in this tag.

• Brush of choice

• Font used was Van Rose, which unfortunately I cannot supply but use whatever font you like!



Okay ready, let's go make a really easy scrappy tag!

• Open a new image in your psp, 700 x 700 with a white background. We can hide that white background later when saving, I just like it so I can see what I'm doing easier. Open up element 26 and paste as a new layer, re-size if you wish. With your magic wand tool, select the white spaces inside the frame, you can look close at mine to see what I did. This part can be a little fiddly but it's worth it in the end I promise! Once you have all the white selected you can, expand selections by 5, add a new layer and move below the frame. Paste a paper of choice into selection on that new layer, I used paper 4. Keep selected.

• With your selection still active, go to Selections, Load/Save selections, and Save selections to alpha channel. Once you've done that then you can do the select none. I do this because after getting those selections, and I would be needing them later, this saves loads of time. On white background layer, select all, add a new layer, and paste paper of choice into selection on that new layer. I used paper 3. Apply heartmask and merge layer group. I rotated the mask 10° to the right, so that it lined up with the frame better. Looks purdy huh? I paste element 30 on top of mask layer but beneath the paper background you added inside of the frame.

• Let's add our tube! Paste the tube as a new layer above the paper background for the frame, for the tube I used, I mirrored it so that she was occupying the emptiest side of the frame, re-size to your liking. On the frame layer, go to selections, load/save selection, and load selection from alpha channel, you should see a picture of the selection. Invert selections, and on the tube layer, hit delete and leave selections active. This makes the tube look nicely nestled in the frame.

• Paste element 2 as a new layer above the paper background of the frame, re-size as needed and because you still have your selections active, press delete on that element 2 layer. This removes any overhang nicely. Invert your selections again (or un-invert whichever way you wanna look at it lol), add a new layer above that element 2 and flood fill with color of choice, I chose a pretty red from the frame (#7b0e0a is the one I used). Change the blend mode to Overlay. This will make the words from element 2 looks nice and red.

• You should still have your selections active for inside the frame. Add a new layer above the flood filled layer of color and add brushes of choice if you want. Totally up to you, it just added a little texture. Once happy, select none finally lol. Wow we're almost done! At this point I re-sized my tag to the ending size that I wanted and did any cropping. Sharpen any layers that need it at this point also.

• On tube layer, after having sharpened, apply Xero Mistifier with the default settings and then apply Xero Porcelain also with default settings. Apply Eye Candy 5 Perspective Shadow to all layers that need a drop shadow on them. If you don't have EC5 you can easily use the drop shadow within psp too. Add the artist's copyright so it's clear and legible and also your taggers watermark.

• All that's left is to add your text. I used Van Rose and applied the background and foreground in white and applied Super Blade Pro, I used a red beveled setting I had. If you don't have SBP you can substitute whatever your fave font effects are. I also applied Eye Candy 4 Gradient Glow and then a drop shadow. After applying effects and selecting none, I rotated text to the right by 10° two times. LOL once wasn't quite enough. Okay voila! We're done and I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial. Just hide white background if you want and save as a png.



This tutorial was written by Tonya on February 6, 2010 and absolutely no part of this tutorial may be taken or used without my express permission. Any similarities to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintended.

1 comment:

Grab My Blinkie

Labels

Leave Some Lovin'

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews