About Me

My photo
Hiya I'm Tonya! I'm an avid psper, have been for a few years and finally have me a blog that I've been working on slowly getting stuff added to. I started writing tuts and recently started making masks and templates. I LOVE to see creations you've made with my things, if you'd like to email me please do so at aquaspinner@gmail.com ................................................. My TOU are as follows: All of my items are personal use only NO Commercial Use, please do not share (distribute) my stuff in groups, just send people here to grab please. ♥ Tutorial writers, if you wish to use my stuff in your tutorials, of course I am honored! You're more than welcome to use my stuff in them, I only require that you link to me and send people here to grab the goodies that you are using in the tut. ................................................. Hope you'll enjoy what I have for ya and thanks for stopping by. ♥

Cluster Frame TOU

Thank you SO much for being so interested in my cluster frames. I love that you enjoy using them.

However I do have a request, please do NOT credit me as the cluster frame on your tags. Although I assembled it, I do not believe I deserve any such credit. If anything, please list Scrapkit by, (assuming you didn't add other bit by a different designer to your tag of course). I'd prefer not be given credit for simply assembling the cluster frame. Thank you ♥

My Artist CTs ♥

CDO_Blinkie-vi

My CTs ♥

LHDCTBlinkiieRD-blinkie_CT_zpsx9belyds

My Guest CTs ♥

patty1_bybrandi1

Followers

Saturday, August 15, 2020

This tutorial was written by Tonya of Tonya's Temptations on 8/15/20 in PSP X5, however any version should work fine.  Any resemblance to any other creation out there is purely coincidental and unintended.  Please do not copy my tutorial either in full, or in part, or claim as your own. Please do not re-distribute my tutorial.  There is no scrapkits harmed in the creation of this.

This is a good ole OLD SCHOOL tutorial - there are so many pretty effects within PSP and although scrapkits are beautiful, sometimes all you need is a stunning tube!

Okay so supplies:
•  I am using the amazing art of Sheena Pike whose art tube can be purchased here at CDO, although any tube will work.  Please do not use Sheena's art without a license to do so.
•  Mask by Staci of Moonbeams & Spiderwebs here
•  Brush(es) of choice - optional of course!
•  Filters I used are Mura Meister Copies and DSB Flux plus any you use for your font effects
•  Font of choice, I used Brotherhood Script

Let's get started!    

•  Open a new canvas on PSP any size will do, but I did mine at 700x350 this is a forum banner style tag

•  Place tube on canvas, I sized mine down by 60% and I moved down on the canvas just a scoatch...

•  Duplicate the tube and apply Mura Meister's Copies filter like so, I used the Wallpaper (rotate) setting, default settings but make sure you change the 3rd dropdown box to lighten, you may not get the same effect if you do not.  Send this layer to bottom above Background layer. 


•  Duplicate this three times and Mirror the first duplicate and change blend mode to Soft Light or one to your liking

•  On the second duplicate (so the one above the mirrored one) change to Screen blend mode, lower the opacity to your liking, mine is at 53

•  On the third duplicate apply motion blur, I used the following settings repeat the motion blur 2 more times, you'll see why.  Change blend mode to Hard Light.  


•  You should have a total of 4 layers now of your 'background'  - one regular, one mirrored, one with screen effect, and one motion blurred. 

•  Remember your tube?  Well let's paste it in for a few overlay effects.  I pasted it again, this time only sizing down by 80%, put one on one of the sides then duplicate and mirror it.  I then applied blend mode of Burn at 34%

•  Now!  Remember that main tube layer you pasted right at the start?  Duplicate her and move it below the main tube you'll have.  Apply a Gaussian Blur of about 10.  (Adjust > Blur > Gaussian Blur in X5, should be similar in other versions).  

•  On the blurred tube copy, we are going to apply Feedback effect - Effects > Reflection Effects > Feedback and apply the following settings. 


•  Drag the effect all the way over to the right side of your canvas, make sure this layer is underneath your main tube layer on top.  Duplicate it and mirror, merge down so they are on the same layer.  Change the blend mode to Screen, leave at 100%

•  Duplicate the layer and change blend mode to Soft Light, or whatever you think looks good.

•  Almost done I promise!  Come on you can do this!

•  Remember those 4 layers of the background?  Select all of them, click the Link button on your layer palette, like so and press it:




•  Go to Layers > View > Show Link Set - this enables you to grab ONLY the layers you want to see, and you should now see your background effect, no tube, just effect.  Go to Edit > Copy Special > Copy Merged.

•  Now click undo until you see everything again after you have your copy merged grouping, paste that layer above the copy of the tubes you put above the ones that were on the sides.  Apply Staci's mask that I used (or any to your liking really).  I applied Overlay blend mode to it.

•  On top of ALL of your other layers, including the tube, paste the copy merged again.  Select All, contract by 2 and hit delete.

•  Under this layer, add a solid color with your flood fill tool, I chose a darker color from my tube.  Select all, contract by 4 and hit delete, select none.  On this layer, go to Effects > Edge Effects > Enhance More.  I also applied DSB Flux Bright Noise to this because I like sparkles LOL.  I chose Mix option and a higher number, mine was at 65.

•  If you wish, I also added a blank layer above the mask, grabbed my brush tool and added a texturey brush, using a darker color from my tube, not needed but it added a smidgen of darker effect for my background.  I put the blend mode at Overlay.

•  Add drop shadow to your tube and the frame layer you made.

•  Add legible credits so they are readable at first glance.

•  Add any text or wording that you wish at this point. 

•  Save and you are DONE!!!!


I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and I didn't confuse you tooooooo much.  I love my blend modes as you can tell, you can add so much depth with them!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Blinkie

Labels

Leave Some Lovin'

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews